Sunday, September 7, 2008

2 days til takeoff!!!

Wow only two days until takeoff and I still can’t believe that I’m going! I have been so busy between work and school that I haven’t had very much extra time to post or even pack. But now that packing is done and I’m back at school reality is finally starting to set in….and I’m so excited. I can remember asking my mom back in November if she would let me go, and since I’m going you know she said yes. I still think that she’s going to worry but I guess that’s expected.
Luckily, I love to fly so I’m looking forward to the 17+ hour trip to and from Zambia. The movies on the way there aren’t too stellar, but the ones on the ride home look promising. Since I don’t sleep well on planes I’ll be watching movies, reading books, and working on three weeks worth of make-up work for my college courses so the movie choices are of great interest to me. Once we get to Zambia though I’m looking forward to collecting. If Dan doesn’t want to go in the water that’s fine because I’m more than ready to go! Except I’m not bringing the snorkel gear ; )
Besides collecting though, I’m naturally looking forward to seeing the wildlife, Victoria Falls, and the people in Zambia (I’m desperately hoping to see elephants and hippos in the wild). I should get to see a lot if we’re going to be camping for most of the trip. Hopefully, I won’t have any trouble with my camera so I can take a ton of pictures.
As far as I can tell I’m as ready as I’ll ever be!! I have all my shots, my two duffels are packed, my carry on looks like a movable pharmacy, and I said goodbye to the fam. Now I just have to survive 4 plane rides and 3 weeks in the African wilderness….How hard can it be?

No comments: